How much does an umbrella policy cost?
Premiums for umbrella policies are very cost effective. They can run as low as $150, and vary based on numerous factors.
What Affects the Premium?
Premiums for umbrella policies are dependent on a number of factors including:
- Are all your policies insured with the same carrier? Most carriers require at least the auto coverage. Some offer discounts on the Umbrella as well as to the “underlying” home & auto policy.
- What are your “base” limits? How much are your Auto & Home Limits? Some carriers may have minimum requirements.
- How many Properties do you own?
- How many Vehicles do you own?
- Do you own any “toys”? Motorcycles, boats, RVs, ATVs, etc.
- Driving record – Some (but not all carriers) may surcharge if you have a poor driving record.