Buying life insurance is unlike any other purchase. When you pay premiums, you are buying future financial security for your family if you are no longer around.
The need for life insurance depends on your personal and financial needs. Consider how your family might cope financially without you to provide for them.
- Will your family be able to afford to stay in your current home?
- Do you have children that need to complete their education?
- Do you have a family member with special needs, physically challenged, or an aging parent, and want to make sure that care continues?
- Is your retirement income sufficient to ensure your spouse's future and cover the rising costs of living?
- If you own your own business, do you have plans outlined and funded for its continuation?
Depending on the amount purchased, life insurance can go a long way in providing some assurance that your loved ones can maintain their financial freedom and comfort.
Before buying life insurance, discuss your needs with your agent. They are trained to help you. The calculator below is a good start to determining your needs.
Calculate Your Life Insurance Needs
How much money do you need to clear up short-term obligations and pay for final expenses?
Consider medical costs, funeral expenses, consumer debt, and estate taxes.
How much money do you need to pay off your mortgage or provide family housing?
Provide either your remaining mortgage balance or your monthly payment amount
How long would you want to extend your income stream?
How much money will your children or grandchildren need to complete their education?
How much life insurance do you currently have?
Total Life Insurance Needed Today