Don’t you love that warm, fuzzy feeling you get all over when you sacrifice your time volunteering to help someone else? Often times you can reflect on that time without any regrets. Whatever sacrifices you made to be there seem to fade in the glorious feeling of peace you get from helping another. These few moments of bliss are enough of a reward to make it worth doing again in a heartbeat. You might be surprised to find out that it can do a lot more than just make you feel good though. It can better your employees and your business
Employee Volunteer Programs can help you by:
- Increasing employees’ quality of life. When they come from volunteering, they are happier, enlivened and ready to focus on getting things done. They can conquer anything, including the more mundane tasks they’re given. Employee retention will increase as they become happy in all aspects of their lives
- Improving work ethic. They see how hard work can accomplish goals and they are eager to get things done. You’ll find them harder workers as they continue to volunteer time to others.
- Improving your image in the public eye. As the public sees you doing good things, they’ll start thinking of you in a positive light. Surely a company that donates so much of its time and resources can be trusted. The more they trust you, the more likely you are to sell your product or services.
- Attracting quality employees. Increasing the quality of your image will increase the quality of your applicants. Good employees want to work for good companies.
- Encouraging teamwork. Working together to build a house is much better for building relationships than working together for a paycheck. When serving others, your employees are more likely to see a clear end goal and work towards it together. They bond together by building friendships instead of business relationships. Their friendship will make for better interaction in the workplace.
Implement an Employee Volunteer Program and watch as you change the lives of your employees and the success of your company.